Sylights

Welcome to the Sylights board!
Please share any idea, request or bug you may have encountered (have you?!) concerning www.sylights.com!

I want it that way:

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow copy pasting of objects.

Hold shift and drag to copy / paste a duplicate of selected object.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ability to view and save lighting setups on the iPhone app, from other users on sylights.com

A section on the app where you can browse and save lighting setups from the website onto your iPhone for reference.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improvement

Hi Sylights Team!
    I must say I love your app, its amazing.
    As a beauty and fashion photographer you are missing a lot of light modifiers such different sizes of octabank, color backrounds, silver umbrella, white umbrella, different size of umbrellas, more colored gels, kino lights, tungsten light (like K1 or K2 lights), v flats (white/black).

Thanks

Shahaf

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 45 degrees ...

I have been using my strip lights set to different angles. Not just vertical or horizontal. A striplight set on a 45 degree angel would be very cool

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. iPhone / itunestore states application needs updated

Wish to buy the iPhone and desktop application. iPhone states it needs updates?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Login on iPhone app

Just wondering, is it possible to login on the iPhone app so that when I login on my PC, I can still see all the diagrams which I created on iPhone?
    At the moment, I don't think I need to login on the Iphone app, so my diagrams are only accessible on my phone.

And is there a way I can import from my Iphone into my account after I have created one?
    Thank you!

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Popup menu position

If I right clik to have the popup menu, and that the mouse is in the bottom or in the right of the browser window, the popup menu appears but partially hidden. and I must scroll the browser to see it totally. Si it will be great if the popup menu appears in different position (left, right, top, bottom) depending on where we are when we click.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. diagram editor does not work

Firefx shows error
    Błąd: context.fillText is not a function
    Plik źródłowy: http://www.sylights.com/javascripts/diagrams_editor_packaged.js?1285718406
    Wiersz: 156

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. backgrounds

Hi .... thanks for adding my previous suggestions. I have a new one can you add a few "out doors" backgrounds like a brick wall etc (i know it sounds complicated)

here is and example of why i need it.
    http://www.sylights.com/shotbyscott/1069-new-flash-test
    Thanks Scott

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. i would like a-more-360 degrees view

sometimes i take pictures and my camera is parallel to the ground, or the lights etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. More space for favorite diagrams or dedicated page

It is hard to browse favorite diagrams at this moment. Can You make dedicated page for favorite diagrams (full width) or more space to see them (pressing see more is frustrating) . Also bigger thumbnails would be great :)

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Comments box

Thanks Oliver, I find Sylights very useful and user friendly. I noticed when I download my diagram, the comments I have made are not included. Is there a fix for this or am I missing something? thanks

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Save as new...

The edit feature is very cool but instead of replacing my diagram It would be cool if we had the option to save it as a new diagram..

This way we can document a shoot as we move lights around the studio, add or remove extra lights with out having to start a new diagram for each set up

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Identifiable info on each element

Each element (ex. Umbrella) should say if it is a silver, gold, white umbrella, instead of just "bounce".

Or if I put an octabank in the layout it needs to say "on boom" if it is not usually on a regular stand.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Improvement request

I'd like to be able to zoom in and out on my grid for my diagram as I work on it. Is that possible or am I missing something?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the possibility to edit Exifs

Add the possibility to edit Exifs
    I don't want to put them in my low defs image so... :)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. First of all, great job, guys ! The abilility to change the color of the background would be ffine. Black or white is a bit limited.

There's only black or white. Not even gray. If we could select different colors for the background, this will be helpful. I wrote a comment on the appstore. Great job for make this app available for Ipad1. Great team, keep creating !

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks for the feedback!
    We have already planned to do such a thing. We just don’t know yet when this will happen.
    The next update for the apps will bring another color for the backdrops, it won’t be gray though…
    As for the iPad 1 support, we are happy to support iOS 5 for the time being :)

19. New feature

I have skylights on my iPhone and iPad, why can I not sync my diagrams across all my devices and on website? Very useful to be able to do this.

Please let me know if you have a solution?

Thanks
    Andy

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add saving diagrams options!

Sylights is an awesome application for keeping track of all the lighting setups that we as photographers routinely use. Nevertheless, I think it could be a lot more useful for not only saving our own setups, but for saving also other photographers' lighting setups. I constantly research and see what other photographers do with their gear and I wish I could add those lighting setups to my collection and keep'em forever for future reference.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Improvement Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base